Chocolate French Toast Sandwich with Halloween Candy is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s officially FALL! Who’s excited?! Autumn is my favorite season of the year. The cooler temperatures, the beautiful leaves, the pumpkins, the cozy flavors and of course, the Halloween candy!
It’s so much fun to see how excited the kids get about Halloween. They love decorating the house and picking out their costumes. But most of all, they love the CANDY! It’s a form of currency for them. By the end of Halloween night, it’s a tradition at my house to dump all of your candy on the living room floor, count it out and separate according to candy types. Then, the bargaining begins!
That’s awesome and the kids have a blast with it, but after it’s all said and done, we’re left with a boat load of candy that we don’t know what to do with. I created this Chocolate French Toast Sandwich with Halloween Candy as a way to use up some of that candy!
Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread is the perfect canvas for my Chocolate French Toast Sandwich with Halloween Candy. Some fun facts about this bread: It’s made with olive oil, sea salt and a touch of honey, plus it has no high fructose corn syrup and no added colors or flavors.
Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread is perfect for Chocolate French Toast. The thick, flour-dusted slices hold strong under the weight of the eggs, milk and butter. Plus, the bread crisps perfectly on the outside but always stays soft and fluffy on the inside.
Making this sandwich is very simple. You start by making a classic French toast recipe. I beat some eggs with a little milk and dipped the bread slices in to coat on both sides.
Then I fried them in a pan with melted butter.
But before I made the French toast, I made a heavenly fudge sauce with some Halloween sized milk chocolate bars and cream.
I just melted the cream and chocolate in the microwave and then stirred it until smooth. I was pleasantly surprised how terrific it turned out. It’s wonderful in this recipe but it would also be just the right topping for ice cream!
For the sandwich, I added marshmallow fluff and chocolate peanut butter cups. It reminds me of a sandwich I had at Disney world years ago. Gooey, sweet and satisfying!
To serve, drizzle some of the homemade fudge sauce over your French Toast Sandwich, then add a few more pieces of Halloween Candy for a spooky treat the kids will go nuts for!
Now you know how you can re-purpose some of that Halloween candy this Fall!
But Autumn isn’t just about the candy. It’s also about enjoying cozy Fall foods as the weather begins to cool down and the leaves start to change. And what is the quintiessential curled up and comfy Fall food? An ooey gooey grilled cheese, of course! Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread is great for all of your Fall grilled cheese creations too.
What’s your favorite Fall recipe? Tag your photos with #ArtesanoGoldenWheat!
Chocolate French Toast Sandwich with Halloween Candy
- 6 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter for pan
- 7 full sized chocolate peanut butter cups, divided
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 12 mini-sized milk chocolate bars approximately 5 ounces total
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Candy coated milk chocolate candies for garnish
- Start by making the fudge sauce. Place chocolate bars and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Dip bread slices in egg mixture and brown each side in skillet.
- To make the sandwiches, spread a third of the marshmallow fluff onto one piece of French toast. Place two peanut butter cups on fluff, then place a plain piece of French toast on top. Repeat to make two more sandwiches.
- To serve, drizzle with fudge sauce and add candies, plus one chopped peanut butter cup.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread.