Best recipe ALERT: Quick and Easy Chili is one of my all time favorite recipes because it tastes amazing and is incredibly easy to make with just 3 ingredients. It’s like a magic trick and if you serve it at a party, everyone will ask you for the recipe. Guaranteed!
Why I Love This Recipe
Cooler weather makes you crave something warm and cozy to eat. There’s nothing better than a hot bowl of chili! This recipe has been my go-to chili recipe for as long as I’ve been married (almost 15 years). I love it when a recipe is not only tasty but also super simple to make!
Quick and Easy Chili is an awesome meal that you can throw together in 30 minutes or less! It’s seriously as easy as 1-2-3! Just 3 ingredients, 30 minutes and dinner is served!
All you need to make this recipe is ground meat, salsa and chili beans. That’s it! Garnishes are optional.
How to Make Quick and Easy Chili
- Brown the ground meat, then drain, if desired.
- Add two jars of chunky salsa (you choose the level of heat – mild, medium or hot).
- Then add one large can of chili beans or two regular sized cans. Stir.
- Heat until boiling, then turn down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
See step by step photos below…
Start by browning the ground meat. I used organic, grass-fed beef. You could also use ground turkey or ground chicken.
Whether or not you want to drain the meat is up to you. I didn’t drain mine because I used lean beef that didn’t have a lot of fat.
Next, add two jars of chunky salsa and one big can of chili beans (not drained). Stir it all together then heat until boiling. Turn heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes. It’s ready to serve and garnish, if desired.
I added a dollop of sour cream and grated cheddar to mine.
Need chili for a party?
Double this recipe and put in a crockpot to keep it warm at your next Fall party!
Quick and Easy Chili is my favorite chili recipe and I think it just might be your favorite too in the very near future. Enjoy!
Tools for success
Note: The above items are affiliate links.
Want even more? Subscribe to Mom Loves Baking to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Quick and Easy Chili
For the chili
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey (I used organic, grass fed beef)
- 2 jars mild and chunky salsa (I used organic) (I used two 16 oz. jars )
- 1 can chili beans in mild sauce, NOT drained (27 ounces)
- salt and pepper to taste (I didn't use any)
For the garnish
- 1/2 cup Grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- In a large saucepan, brown the meat. Add salsa and chili beans. Stir to combine. Let mixture come to a low boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- Note: I did not drain the ground beef after I browned it because it was lean and there wasn't a lot of fat. It is up to you if you want to drain the meat or not.
Here are more great chili recipes you might like…
Creative Culinary: Chipotle Chile is the BEST Ever!
The Fed Up Foodie: Tortilla and Beans
The Mom 100: Game-Day Ground Beef Chili
Healthy Eats: 5 Turkey Chilis That Put Beef Out to Pasture
A Mind “Full” Mom: Wine and Mustard Braised Chili
Foodtastic Mom: Slow Cooker Chili Verde
Hey Grill Hey: Smokin’ Hot Chili
Mom Loves Baking: Quick and Easy Chili
Taste with the Eyes: Korean Chili con Carne with Red Beans and Kimchi
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Best Vegetarian Chili with 9 Beans
Devour: Warm Up Chilly Days with Genius Chili-and-Chip Combinations
In Jennie’s Kitchen: French Lentil Chili
Swing Eats: Cincinnati Chili
FN Dish: 6 Next-Level Ways to Do Up a Batch of Chili
ll text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.