Mine didn’t come out square but this makes a delicious dinner and the kids even like it. Plus, it’s super easy. Savory Crescent Chicken Squares was 1 of 2 winners at the 25th Pillsbury Bake-Off in 1974. Recipe on Pillsbury.com by Doris Castle of River Forest, Illinois.
First you beat your cream cheese and butter. Then you add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos. Mix well.
Separate your crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Add 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture to each rectangle. Bring the 4 corners together and twist to seal.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with crushed croutons.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Pair with corn on the cob and green salad. Dinner is served.
Stay tuned for Recipe #29 Easy Crescent Danish Rolls
Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
- Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury®
- 1 package 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter softened
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos if desired
- 1 can 8 oz Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter melted
- 3/4 cup seasoned croutons crushed
Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter; beat until smooth. Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos; mix well.
Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles. If using crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.