I brought this cute, colorful Cookie Dough Cheese Ball to a party this past weekend. I love how festive it looks and I was able to throw it together quickly.
I found the recipe over at That Skinny Chick Can Bake. Click here to check out Liz's version of this sweet cheese ball. And while you're there, look around to see all of her great recipes. I really love her blog!
This is my humble attempt at her fabulous recipe. I thought it came out really good and my friends liked it too. One thing I forgot was a knife to spread the cookie dough on the cookies. (So I borrowed one. Thanks, Natalie!)
Cookie Dough Cheese Ball tastes like a lighter, creamier version of chocolate chip cookie dough. It tastes great on vanilla wafers, but would be yummy with almost any simple cookie.
You too can make a Cookie Dough Cheese Ball in 6 easy steps! After you mix up all of the ingredients (except the M&M's), then you refrigerate the mixture for several hours.
Then you mold it into a ball and I wrapped it in plastic wrap. I also put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes at this point, but you don't have to do that if you're in a hurry. Original recipe doesn't include this step.
Once you're ready to put your ball on a serving plate, then you can decorate it with M&M's in red and green, of course. I would do this part right before you're going to serve it. The M&M's don't do well once they get chilled. They get moist and lose their color.
Place M&M's on the cheese ball and then surround with cookies.
That's it! You're done. I love how it looks on this pretty red plate I got at Walmart. It's from the Pioneer Woman series. Love it.
Thank you to Liz over at That Skinny Chick Can Bake for such an awesome recipe!
Cookie Dough Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup mini chocolate morsels
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans or M&M's
- Animal crackers, Biscoff cookies or graham crackers
- Whip the cream cheese and butter. Whip in the brown sugar and powdered sugar. Stir in the chocolate morsels.
- Chill for several hours. I did mine overnight. Then, mold into a ball and roll in the finely chopped pecans or cover with M&M's. Serve with dippers of your choice.
Leave a Reply