Low Carb Chocolate Frosted Donuts are great if you’re watching your carbs or have food allergies. They’re gluten free AND dairy free!
Believe it or not, I like to watch my carbs. Although I absolutely love baking and all kinds of desserts, I actually only eat them on special occasions. Or at least I do try very hard to not eat my beloved goodies too often.
But sometimes a girl just needs something sweet! Enter these Low Carb Chocolate Frosted Donuts. Completely sugar free and also grain free. They aren’t as delicious as the real thing but when you are trying to diet and watch your carbs, these Low Carb Chocolate Frosted Donuts can REALLY HIT THE SPOT! These Low Carb Donuts totally satisfy my donut craving which is a very good thing.
How to Make Low Carb Chocolate Donuts
Making this recipe is super simple. All you need is one bowl and two donut pans. Here are the step-by-step instructions…
1) In a large bowl, mix all the donut ingredients (see recipe below for details).
2) Scoop batter into greased donut pans and bake.
3) Let cool, then prepare the chocolate glaze.
4) Melt chocolate chips and dip cooled donuts.
5) Add sprinkles, if desired.
I used stevia sweetened chocolate chips (melted) to frost my cooled donuts. Lily’s Chocolate Chips are my favorite. Only 25 calories for 30 chocolate chips. And they taste so good!
Chocolate is very important to me.
I can’t live without my Lily’s chocolate chips. And this isn’t an ad by the way. You can usually find them at your local health food store like Whole Foods, Earth Fare or Sprouts. Or you can get them online.
Then add sprinkles for color. No, they’re not sugar free but so pretty! If you want them to be strictly sugar free, don’t add them.
I hope you will try my Low Carb Chocolate Frosted Donuts. They’re also gluten free and dairy free for anyone that has food allergies.
If you want to add a little extra sweetness, you could make them with real chocolate chips sweetened with sugar.
Tools for Success
Want even more? Subscribe to Mom Loves Baking to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Low Carb Chocolate Frosted Donuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flour 52g
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder 20g
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia 6g
- 1/4 cup granulated monk fruit 75g (I used Lakanto)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted) 112g
- 6 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips sweetened with stevia (I used Lily's)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips and sprinkles) in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on low until combine, then turn up to medium and beat until smooth (about 1 minute). Let rest and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Spray two donut pans with non-stick cooking spray. Gently scoop batter into 8 donut cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in the microwave according to package instructions. Do not overheat. Dip cooled donuts in melted chocolate. Add sprinkles. Store covered for 3 days at room temperature or up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
You might also like…
And here’s a savory low carb recipe you might like…
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.