I have to admit that after making all of the Pillsbury Bake-Off Grand Prize Winners, I have gained a few pounds. I’m all for using the new year as a fresh start and time to be more careful about what I’m eating. I’ve been counting calories and trying to be as good as possible but when you love to bake, it’s hard to stay away completely. So I made these low calorie mini muffins to satisfy my sweet tooth. I can’t promise to give you the calorie count on all of my recipes, but I can tell you that these Skinny Mini Chocolate Muffins are about 60 calories each and very little fat. I used a brownie mix as the base to make them quick and easy.
I used a small package of brownie mix, then added just 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 3 tablespoons egg whites and 2 tablespoons water.
Stir it up (50 strokes or so). Grease a mini muffin pan. Pour about 1 tablespoon of batter into each of 24 mini muffin cups.
Bake at 350°F. for 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy plain or you can garnish with fat free whipped cream, sprinkles and raspberries.
I love sprinkles! Do you love sprinkles? They’re so colorful and fun. They just make me smile. And they are actually low in calorie, so you can sprinkle a few on top of your fat free whipped cream without feeling guilty.
Raspberries make this treat a little bit healthier and also add color.
What a cute little treat, right? You can have 2 or 3 and not ruin your diet.
The recipe makes 24, so you might want to only garnish the ones you plan on eating right away. The rest can be stored covered for a few days. I garnished all of them since I had to take the photos, but luckily, the kids loved them. They were gone in a matter of minutes.
Skinny Mini Chocolate Muffins
- 1 box brownie mix 10.25 oz/290g
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons egg whites or 1 large egg with yolk removed
- 2 tablespoons water
- Optional garnish - Fat free whipped cream canned, sprinkles and fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 24 mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add brownie mix and all of the remaining ingredients except for garnish. Stir by hand with a wooden spoon until combined, about 50 strokes. Do not overbeat.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of batter in each muffin cup. You should be able to fill all 24 cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool. Garnish, if desired. Only garnish the muffins you are going to eat right away. Serve immediately or store plain muffins in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator. They can be frozen for 1 month.