Apple Pie with Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
And although it’s really tasty on it’s own, I thought it would be even better with ice cream and a Pumpkin Caramel Sauce drizzled over the top. The apple, pumpkin, and caramel flavors go so well together. It’s the perfect Fall combo!
Making this pie is really simple. The pie comes frozen with a separate bag of brown sugar streusel topping. The first step is to bake the pie for about 50-55 minutes. This is what it looks like after it’s baked, but before the streusel topping. Isn’t it pretty!?!
Meanwhile, you can whip up this fancy Pumpkin Caramel Sauce which is only three ingredients. Making caramel from scratch is a bit tricky, so I used store bought hot caramel sauce, then stirred in some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice over low heat.
After the pie has cooled, you can slice it up.
Garnish with Pumpkin Caramel Sauce and vanilla ice cream, if desired. I hope you will include this on your holiday menu. If you want some other options, check out the Marie Callender’s Chocolate Satin Pie or Coconut Cream Pie. Your family will love having a variety of pies to choose from during the holidays, and you don’t have to make them!
What’s your Marie Callendar’s Festive Favorite? Leave a comment for a chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/11/2015 – 2/29/2016
- For the pie
- 1 Marie Callendar's Dutch Apple Pie, prepared according to package instructions
- For the pumpkin caramel sauce
- 1 cup store bought hot caramel sauce (in a jar)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Bake pie according to package instructions. Let cool slightly.
- For the pumpkin caramel sauce, place all 3 ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely combined and smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Serve warm, drizzled over pie slices.