Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints – soft and yummy peanut butter thumbprint cookies with a dollop of strawberry jam in the middle.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Kellogg’s and The J.M. Smucker Company but all my opinions are my own.
Who’s Excited for Back to School?
The kids are back to school and now I’ve got more time to bake. Yay! Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints for Back to School are the perfect snack when the kids get home after a long day of learning.
It’s also a great little treat to have for reading time. Reading is so important and it’s something I’ve been trying to get my kids to like for many years! I’ve got a 10 year old son and 14 year old girl who both don’t love to read. (Sad face.) With all the technology these days, I think it’s even more important to encourage our children to form a love of books. I haven’t given up. Believe it or not, I still read to them and they like that.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints are soft and delicious peanut butter cookies with a dollop of strawberry jam on top. Pssst! They’re not only for kids! Grown-ups love these too.
I recently went to Sam’s Club® to pick up a few back to school items. I purchased the Kellogg’s® Froot Loops, Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter Twin Pack and the SMUCKER’S® Strawberry Jam Twin Pack because they are part of the free book promotion and also because they are family favorites. (Please note: This promotion has ended.)
How to make Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints
This cookie recipe calls for 1/2 cup of Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter.
Cream peanut butter, butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, then stir in a mixture of flour, salt and baking soda.
Make 1 1/2″ balls and then stick your thumb in the middle before baking at 350°F. for about 10 minutes.
Let the cookies cool, then fill with SMUCKER’S® Strawberry Jam.
They’re ready to serve!
Share them with your favorite reader.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints for Back to School are easy to make and sure to please the young and young at heart!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints
- 1/2 cup JIF® creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Smucker's® strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together. Combine with the peanut butter mixture.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Use your thumb to make a thumbprint in the middle of each cookie ball. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Pour jam into a zip-top plastic bag and seal bag. Cut a small corner and pipe jam into cooled thumbprints. They're ready to serve. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You might also like: