Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread - a super easy banana bread recipe, made with a cake mix and filled with chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Bonus: You can make this with a gluten free OR regular cake mix!
Happy Labor Day!
I'm really excited to share this Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread recipe with y'all! I've posted a similar recipe before, but this Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread is easier to make with a mix and you'd never know it's gluten free. It's moist, delicious and filled with chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and chocolate chips!
Note: Choose a regular cake mix if you CAN have gluten!
It's made with a cake mix but it tastes just like a traditional banana bread, plus my all time favorite - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - and more chocolate with the addition of chocolate chips. It's so good, y'all!
And since it's technically a bread, you could even have it for breakfast! Sure, why not!! Now that's my kind of breakfast.
I used the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cake Mix for this recipe. And no, this isn't a sponsored post. I just happen to like it. You can try it with your favorite brand, but I know for sure that this recipe works great with the Betty Crocker mix. Let me know if you try a different one. I'd love to hear from you!
How to make Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread
To make this recipe, mash up a couple of ripe bananas and add to the cake mix along with water, butter, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer.
You'll need 1 cup of chopped Reese's peanut butter cups for this recipe. I used about 12 single packages to get 1 cup.
Fold them into batter, reserving a few to sprinkle on top.
Pour batter into a greased 10"x5" loaf pan. Sprinkle reserved peanut butter cups on top.
Bake at 350°F. for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
Let it cool (if you can wait that long) and slice it up to serve.
Oh man, this Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread is simply the best! It's surprisingly scrumptious and I'm totally serious about that. My entire family loves it and they had no idea it was gluten free! I love it when that happens!!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to post a pic on Instagram and tag #momlovesbaking!
You might also like...
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread
- 1 box yellow cake mix I used a Betty Crocker gluten free mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened ½ cup
- 2 bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter cups chopped
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10"x5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place cake mix, water, butter, bananas, and eggs. With an electric mixer, beat on low for 30 seconds, then turn up to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Stir in peanut butter cups (reserving a handful to sprinkle on top). Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkled reserved peanut butter cups on top. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into middle of bread comes out clean. Let cool.
- Slice and serve. Store covered at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.