Peanut Butter Banana Waffles are quick and easy, made from frozen waffles with a homemade peanut butter syrup, sliced bananas, and mini chocolate chips on top.
Who else loves waffles? Me, me, me! And my whole family too! These Peanut Butter Banana Waffles are a fun mash-up of my favorite breakfast and my favorite sandwich. Wait, what? You don't eat banana and peanut butter sandwiches? I'm sure you must have heard that one famous singer from the 50s who could really move his hips was a big fan of this tasty combo. You know the one. Looking for easy breakfast ideas? Try Easy Bagel Fruit Pizza or Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls.
what are peanut butter banana waffles?
Peanut Butter Banana Waffles are thick frozen waffles with homemade peanut butter syrup, sliced bananas, and mini chocolate chips on top. Oh my! Such a delicious breakfast or snack! These can be whatever flavor waffle you like topped with peanut butter - and if you are a BIG peanut butter lover, maybe you could add this peanut butter syrup on top of Peanut Butter Waffles.
What Ingredients do I need for Peanut butter banana waffles?
Here are all the ingredients you will need for this fabulous breakfast your kids are sure to love.
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
- First you make the peanut butter syrup. Making the peanut butter syrup is so easy too. Just two ingredients. Place creamy peanut butter and your favorite syrup in a glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high power for about 45 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Prepare the waffles according to package instructions, then drizzle the lovely syrup on top.
- Add sliced bananas and some mini chocolate chips and it's ready to enjoy. Such a kid-friendly breakfast or snack!
What you need
- Your favorite frozen waffles. I went with a thick, Belgian-style here, and a Homestyle variety. You could try chocolate chip or even strawberry!
- Pancake syrup is key here. Choose real maple syrup or buttery pancake syrup, and enhance the flavor with peanut butter!
- Like a little more crunch? Try out crunchy peanut butter! The little pieces of peanut will pair nicely with the mini chocolate chips.
What is your favorite breakfast?
Do you enjoy waffles? Which flavor is your favorite? Would you try this recipe with pancakes instead? Let us know below!
You might also like
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
- Place peanut butter and syrup in a microwave safe measuring cup or small bowl. Microwave for 40-50 seconds on high. Stir until smooth. You can add more syrup, if desired, to make it easier to pour.
- Toast the waffles according to package instructions.
- Serve with peanut butter syrup and sliced bananas on top.
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.