Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls are so easy to make; all you need is refrigerated cinnamon rolls and sprinkles. Make them for your sweetie on Valentine's Day or anytime!
You might also like Cinnamon Roll Butterflies or if you feel like making them from scratch, try Copycat Pillsbury Orange Sweet Rolls - homemade cinnamon rolls with orange icing. Also cute, Easy King Cake - A semi-homemade version of the traditional Mardis Gras dessert, made with canned cinnamon rolls and colored sugar. Scroll to see the photo.
Tips on making Heart Cinnamon Rolls
Valentine's Day is coming up, so I thought I'd share this super simple treat you can make for your sweetheart. I don't even know if you can really call this a recipe because it's that easy. All you need is a can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls that comes with the frosting.
1) Make sure to buy the kind that you can unroll so you can reshape them into to adorable little heart rolls.
2) Some of the refrigerated cinnamon rolls are more like biscuits with cinnamon sugar on top.
3) I used a can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls or Cinnabons for this recipe. It came with 5 rolls. You could double the recipe if you need more but these came out quite large. They are the size of my hand!
How to make heart shaped cinnamon rolls
This is just an overview, full recipe at the end of this post.
Buy a can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls (the kind that comes with the icing, I used Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls).
Line a baking pan with parchment paper (I like using a half sheet pan because it has raised edges).
Carefully unwind each roll into long strip of dough, leaving center coiled. Roll another coil in towards the other, then pinch the middle to make a point.
Bake as directed. Let cool slightly, then frost and add sprinkles, if desired.
You might also like these valentine’s Day Treats
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
Note: The above items are affiliate links.
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing I used Pillsbury® Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (I used a half sheet pan). Set aside.
- Carefully unwind each roll into long strip of dough, leaving center coiled. Coil unrolled end of each strip in toward center, making two equal coils. Pull middle of strip down to make a point, forming heart shape; pinch point. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly. Pour frosting into a small zip-top plastic bag. Twist bag as you push the frosting to one corner of the bag. Secure with twist tie. Cut a tiny corner and pipe frosting onto rolls. Add sprinkles, if desired.
Another great recipe to make with canned cinnamon rolls - Easy King Cake...
This Easy King Cake is a semi-homemade version of the traditional Mardis Gras dessert, made with canned cinnamon rolls and colored sugar.
Looking for Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls?
These are the Best Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls! They're also dairy free and contain almost no refined sugar (only a little bit for the icing drizzled on top which is optional). Did I mention that they’re completely delicious?!
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.