Cranberry Orange Almond Pound Cake is an easy recipe for a festive Bundt cake to serve during the holidays! Made with a cake mix and added fresh cranberries and orange zest for that extra special flavor.
Orange and cranberries are just two flavors that go together so well. If it's more cranberry orange recipes that you crave, try Orange Glazed Cranberry Scones (so delicious) or Dark Chocolate Cranberry Skilled Cake.
Cranberry Orange Almond Pound Cake! Perfect for the holidays! It's quick and simple since you start with a pound cake mix, and add special ingredients to make it your own. In this recipe, we're using fresh cranberries and orange zest to give the cake that extra festive flavor.
What's special about this bundt cake?
It was quick and effortless to put together! I simply prepared a cake mix according to the package with melted butter and water, then added orange zest and fresh cranberries. Baked it in a pretty Bundt pan, then drizzled with an orange glaze made of powdered sugar, orange juice and orange zest.
I love using Bundt pans. They come in so many different designs so each cake is beautifully presented. I used a silicone pan, and they also come in glass and metal. Just make sure to grease it well so the cake comes out easily with all the stunning details intact!
How to make Cranberry Orange Almond Pound Cake
It couldn't be easier! Simply mix the cake according to the box directions (they may be different than the recipe card, so follow your box!) and then stir in the orange zest and cranberries.
I recommend letting the finished cake cool on a rack in the pan, for 15-20 minutes. Then you can go ahead and invert it onto the rack to finish cooling.
Tips and Tricks for Finishing the Cake
- To complete the orange theme from the cake, I made a powdered sugar glaze with orange juice.
- You can decorate with sugared cranberries and mint leaves as desired. They add such a festive touch!
- Want something lighter than a glaze? A simple dusting of powdered sugar right before serving is always classic.
What is your favorite festive dessert?
Please share below your favorite holiday desserts and treats! I always love to get new ideas.
You might also like...
- Granny's Homemade Pound Cake
- Red Velvet Marble Bundt Cake
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Buttercream Poound Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Cranberry Orange Almond Pound Cake
For the cake
- 1 package pound cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted ¾ cup
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries
For the glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
For the cake
- Mix first 3 ingredients until combined. Do not over mix. Stir in zest and cranberries. Pour into a greased 5-cup Bundt pan. Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool.
For the glaze
- Stir together glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
- Garnish with sugared cranberries and fresh mint (optional).
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.