Tuna Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Tuna Cucumber Tea Sandwiches (mini bread rounds with tuna salad and cucumbers) are part of a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bumble Bee Seafoods’.
I recently visited my great aunt Sara in Alabama who is 90 years old and a wonderful hostess. She prepared a lovely tea party for me and my other aunt who’s also named Sara. (It’s a family name.) She had the most beautiful china serving plates with an assortment of finger foods, fresh flowers on the table and of course, tea. Everything was very tasty, but these Tuna Cucumber Tea Sandwiches were by far my favorite!
She told me how to make them, so I thought I would share this fabulous recipe with y’all (as we say in Alabama). You won’t believe how simple they are to prepare!
The star of this recipe is Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna which makes the tuna salad part of the sandwich extra special. With a firm texture, light color and fresh taste – Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is the perfect ingredient for my Tuna Cucumber Tea Sandwiches, adding a variety of nutrients – including lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals*.
Seeing is believing and Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna is quality you can see – the moment you open the can.
To make the sandwiches, start by adding drained Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna to a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Set aside.
Meanwhile, cut your bread rounds. I used fresh bread from my local bakery. You can use your favorite bread and it could even be gluten-free, if you want. Using a small biscuit cutter, cut round pieces out of 4-5 slices of bread. Set aside.
Slice up half of an English cucumber. Place cucumber slices in a small bowl and add Italian dressing. Set aside.
Now you’re ready to assemble. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of tuna salad onto each bread round. Top with a cucumber slice and parsley leaf.
Serve on a pretty plate. They’re perfect for a tea party but they would also be great for lunch! Bite size food is so much fun and Tuna Cucumber Tea Sandwiches are the perfect size to pop in your mouth! They’re so cute and completely delicious!
Find more delicious tuna recipes on bumblebee.com because “Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™”!
- 1 (5 oz) can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, drained
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4-5 slices of your favorite bread (gluten free, if desired)
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- Flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Place cucumber slices in a small bowl. Add Italian dressing. Set aside.
- Using a small biscuit cutter, cut small circles out of the bread slices. Set aside.
- Place Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Assemble tea sandwiches:
- Add about a tablespoon of tuna mixture to each bread circle. Place a cucumber slice on top, then a parsley leaf. Serve immediately or store covered for 1-2 days.
*See bumblebee.com for full nutritional facts.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bumble Bee Seafoods‘