Fat Tuesday is on March 4th this year (2014), so why not make some Mardis Gras cookies!
Easy Mardis Gras cookies are super simple! I just used Pillsbury® Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies and Pillsbury® vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting. And sprinkles, of course.
Bake cookies according to the package instructions. This was the first time I used my new Baker's Mat. I love it! Thank you, Baker's Mat!
After the cookies have cooled, frost and decorate with purple, green and gold sprinkles. So festive and easy peasy!
Did you know that Mardis Gras is Fat Tuesday in French? As for the colors: purple stands for justice, green for faith, and gold for power.
Easy Mardis Gras Cookies
- Pillsbury® Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- Pillsbury® vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- Purple, yellow and green sprinkles
- Prepare cookies according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Frost cookies, then add sprinkles. I added the yellow in the middle first. It's easier if you put the sprinkles in a bowl, then use your fingers to add the sprinkles in straight lines. You have more control using your fingers instead of shaking it right out of the bottle.
Leave a Reply